Pages - Menu

Sunday 11 May 2014

Progress!

Currently I'm very happy with how it's all going!
It's.... Day 5, more or less! (I'm no good with countdowns) and swelling is much less prominent/uncomfortable. I've been alternating ice packs and heat to allow it to go down, on top of taking my painkillers and anti-sickness tablets - which are helpful to get to sleep, but not in the middle of the day! But sleeping has gotten easier, and I now sleep through the whole night no problem! :-) I've also been managing to do all personal aspects of my life on my own: showers, brushing my teeth, eating and combing my hair!
Showers: I would recommend having at least one a day, not just for hygiene purposes but it warms your face up, and makes you feel much more fresh and awake! Try not to over do the length of them - personally I have A LOT of curly hair, so this morning I sat down in my shower in order to comb it fully. (Baths I would say are nicer in order to relax and go to sleep.)
Brushing teeth: I'm currently using a chlorahexadine mouthwash that the hospital prescribed me, but it can be bought from most supermarkets (corsadyl.) I'm also using a baby teeth tooth brush, as it is much smaller than regular ones. Again, this not only prevents infections, but will help you to recover quicker by keeping your mouth clean and help reduce swelling!
I'm about to attempt to go out wit my Mum for some fresh air as I hateeee being stuck indoors, hopefully it'll give me an appetite as well! 
This morning I've had a small vanilla yoghurt, some water, and some orange juice.
Here is a two day comparison in swelling!

No comments:

Post a Comment